The horsesense® methodology is a proven six-step coaching concept, which is based on the interaction between human and horse and is accompanied by professional Business and/or Life Coach(es).
The innate competencies of the individual will be expanded through an emotional learning experience with the horses, and the subsequent supervised self-reflection and video analysis. Additional
competencies and/or courses of action required to achieve the individual’s goals will also be developed. Together, the expansion of existing competencies and the development of new ones will
equipe the individual with the ability to achieve their goals and to trust in their own effectiveness.
An overview of the six-steps is below:
- A pre-coaching session is held at which the individual will meet the professional coach, identify the area(s) they wish to focus on and agree the desired goals. The professional coach will then
align the horse-assisted coaching according to the person’s focus area(s) and goals
- The individual interacts with the horse in a supervised and guided event. These interactions with the horse lead to profound experiences and insights for the individual. The person’s
thoughts, emotional and behavioural patterns are mirrored by the horse and shown externally by the horse’s behaviour and movement
- The professional coach accompanies the individual throughout this process. By using various techniques such as supervised
self-reflection, targeted questions, feedback of the group and application of coaching techniques, the person’s innate strengths and resources will be discovered, their personal competencies will be
expanded, and an initial set of strategies and actions identified for further enhancement during the next steps
- A video analysis of the interaction between human and horse solidifies the experience and enables the alignment between
self-perception and how the individual is perceived by others.
- Following the experience with the horse and the video analysis, the professional coach will develop specific strategies and actions for the individual to use in their everyday life to
achieve the goals identified in the pre-coaching session
- A specific post-coaching session with the professional coach will be provided 4 - 6 weeks after the event. This post-coaching session provides the person with an opportunity to
discuss how the strategies identified in the horse-assisted coaching are working and if any refinements are required to achieve their goals identified at the beginning